Friday, March 17, 2017

Lost Inspiration

Must be the end of winter. We've had many rainy, gray days with a couple of wonderfully sunny ones every now and then. But they're too few and far between to cure the blahs that have plagued me. What I really want to do is get in my car and drive away - south, to the sun.

Since it doesn't look like that's going to happen, I've been immersing myself in YouTube videos of nomads who are roaming the country in their vans or RVs. Maybe someday I'll be able to spend some time traveling the country like that. I love going down the road!

Today is the 17th - Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! And it's also new start day for Stitch Maynia's Year of Starts. Here's what I pulled out of the stash for March's new start.




This is Springtime by Cathy Jean for Victoria Sampler. I think I got this in a gift bag at one of the VS retreats I attended some time ago. I chose a piece of 32 ct. Lavender Mist linen to stitch it on with the threads in the acc pac. Should be a fun little thing to work up as I'm waiting for better weather.

My start for February is coming along. Here's the progress:


And I've put a few threads into these trees in Jingle Bell Christmas Tree Farm by VS


I'm trying to put in a thread or two every time I sit down to stitch starting this week, but I'll probably set it aside the end of this month until later in the year when it's time for snow again.

The weekend is upon us and I'm looking forward to seeing my grandbabies this weekend!
Have a great one!

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Well Von you have cute projects going. :D Have a wonderful weekend with your grandbabies!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your WIPs look super, Von. Enjoy your grandbabies this weekend.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Yeah, it has been rather gray here. My uncle does that nomad thing - he is in Arizona for the winter and is a park volunteer in the summer on the Oregon coast - loves it! I hope to do it someday too!!

viv said...

Great to see you stitching. Love the lamb and your Feb. start is great, too. Hugs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely new Spring start and a great progress on the February piece too.
I can understand why you don't want to stitch snow right now, we need some warmth!

Carol said...

I do love that Spring start so much--just what I need to see after the worst week of winter weather all season! And wouldn't you know--my son from California was visiting! After the snow and cold here, I doubt he'll want to come back!!

Hope your grandchildren brought lots of smiles this weekend :)

Julie said...

Lovely new start. Daisy is looking pretty.

Pamela said...

Nice projects! I do like the snowy one.

diamondc said...

Hi Von: I love the Springtime design, it is so sweet, nice progress on your other stitching projects.
I am so tired of winter I am just hoping spring comes early this year, it usually gets warm in late April early may.
Blessings
Catherine

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your February project. And your new start is just darling, Von. I love stitching snowy scenes and designs but in spring I don't feel like doing so.
I hope the weather will bring some more sunny days for you for the rest of the month.