Friday, December 09, 2016

Winter's True Arrival

Yesterday we got the first snowfall in the Mid-Columbia area. Only a little more than an inch accumulated but the streets were slick enough to slow traffic down and cause lots of skid-outs and rollovers. And we're supposed to get more snow tonight and throughout Saturday.  Last night was bunco night and lucky for me the hostess lives in my neighborhood so I just walked over. So much easier than driving!

This week I've been fighting the tail end of a cold and just have not felt like stitching, so I've put in quality time with my heating pad and the tv remote and gone to bed early. But I did receive some new linen from Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. That flosstube really is a dangerous place for one's budget! I've learned about new dyers that I just had to try out, and so much more. But anyway, here's my latest stashquisition!

32 ct linen - Cersei

36 ct linen - Lunar Eclipse
32 ct linen - Frozen Fractals
These linen pieces feel nice and soft and will be delightful to stitch on!

This Sunday evening we are hosting our company Christmas dinner at a local restaurant, so I have lots to do to prepare for that event.

Have a wonderful, cozy weekend!

10 comments:

Pamela said...

What beautiful fabric. Hope you are feeling better.

Barb said...

Those fabrics are beautiful. I just wrote the name of the designer. Have a great time Sun. night and stay safe! We had about 3 inches of snow here at our home.

Vickie said...

Beautiful! I have fabric by her. :) Keep warm my friend! We are getting lots of snow this weekend.

Shelly said...

I've been admiring the fabrics by this company myself. Yes, Flosstube is dangerous! That first blue is gorgeous. Hope your cold makes a complete disappearance real soon.

Melissa said...

These are beautiful linens! We are having lots of snow and traffic issues here too. I always think it's delightful to get snow for a day or two then I want it all to disappear so we can get on and out and about! Enjoy your cozy weekend!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

We got snow too - then rain. I hope you feel better! Love love love the fabric!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous fabrics, love that Cersei in particular.

Marilyn said...

These fabrics are fabulous!
Love Lunar Eclipse.
Have fun picking out projects for them.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Lovely new fabrics.

Brigitte said...

These linen colors are just gorgeous. Great choice. And these beauties will certainly help you to get over your cold :) Get well soon.