Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Inversion Returns

Winter inversions hold the fog and clouds low, making the days gray and gloomy for us in the lower elevations. Sometimes January is one long inversion, but we got a bit of a break this year over the MLK holiday. For the last week, the grayness is back, and I've been using my happy light in addition to my Ott stitching light in an attempt to hold the SAD at bay.

I guess it's better than nothing.

The other day in an attempt to brighten my spirits, I booked a couple of airline tickets to Arizona for me and DD Kirsten for the middle of February. Hope the sun cooperates with my plans to soak in some Vitamin D!

Stitching has continued on Convent Garden. I had to do a little reverse stitching when I realized I'd done the vertical rapid stitches wrong. The bottom of the V is supposed to face into the little garden. Ugh!

But each little garden has been very enjoyable.

See how the V on the right side faces down? It's fixed now.




And this is where I left off my stitching this afternoon. Just two more little plots to fill in and then I think I'll set CG aside and pull a different project out of my bag.

5 comments:

Barb said...

That is an amazing project with all those different stitches! Can you believe we have been fairly sunny (except for yesterday) and warm. It's been delightful!

Julie said...

I love this one! So pretty.

llknbillburg said...

Such a beauty! I love all the different stitches in this one. I bet it has been a lot of fun to work on! Laura

Carol said...

At least you have your bright and pretty stitching to get you through these gray January days :) Your sampler is looking so lovely!

Annette-California said...

WOW the floral's are beautiful! Gorgeous project. Thank goodness for Ott lights! I use mine every time I stitch even here in sunny California. Hope you have a great time on your trip in Feb! It's definitely something to look forward to. love Annette