Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Uninspired

Sometimes I run into a blogging dry spell where I do have plenty to blog about, but no motivation to do so. That's where I've been lately.  And the days go by so quickly! How can that be when there's only one child left in the house, and she's hardly ever around?

Change and adjustment. Not bad things, and it hasn't been what I'd call hard, but it's definitely different. And there's quite a bit about it that I like.

Fewer dishes in the sink
Lots less laundry
Less cooking
Fewer trips to Costco

And with less time spent doing household chores, you'd think that I'd have lots of time for blogging, stitching, sewing, cleaning out junk. But that hasn't happened . . . yet.

But I have spent time in the garden; that's where I'm finding satisfaction right now. I love digging in the dirt, moving some roses out to make way for something new, applying mulch, etc. It's great exercise, and I see results from my work.

Seems like my nurturing energy has gone from children to roses.




7 comments:

viv said...

The roses are lovely and I'm glad you're blogging again. I've missed it, but can't complain since I don't do very well keeping my own up to date.

Mylene said...

wow! beautiful garden you have and i too love roses!!

Barb said...

Your roses are just beautiful. I think gardening is a wonderful mental exercise-physical as well. When my knee was at its worst, the garden was one of the few places I felt peaceful. Great to hear how you are doing.

Jennifer said...

Your roses are lovely. I get into the "blogging funk" too. Lots to say but I just can't find the words on the keyboard.

Julie said...

Your roses certainly look like they appreciate your time and effort, they look wonderful.

I've not blogged a lot this past few months, days just seem to whizz by and I don't seem to have the inclination to do much at all.....

Melissa said...

Well, your roses are certainly benefiting (note I restrained myself not to say blooming!) from your extra attention now. I understand what you are saying. I think it's life's transition moments...we often need the time to adjust to the changes. At least you are getting to stay healthy!

Margaret said...

Your roses are stunning Von.

Like you I have been in a blogging slump.